Walter Cope established his roofing and construction company in Windsor in 1963 and since then it has remained family owned and operated. Founded on principles of providing “quality workmanship and materials for an honest and fair price,” Cope Construction and Roofing has built a solid reputation servicing customers in Windsor and Essex County. Our team of highly trained and certified staff are capable of completing any size project on time and with little disruption to meet client’s demands in the commercial, residential and municipal sectors.
Joining the family business in the mid-eighties, sons Ed and Arry have spearheaded Cope Construction to become a regional leader specializing in building, restoration and renovation projects – almost 40,000 projects ranging from routine to complex across WindsorEssex and Chatham-Kent.
But don’t take our word for it! Hear what our customers have to say. Compare our expertise and work ethic. Get an accurate assessment and a realistic, detailed estimate for your project or insurance claim.
At Cope Construction, our experience in the construction industry dates back to 1963. Needless to say, we have a thorough understanding of the constraints and disruption facilities and staff will experience during a renovation project. Our team of professionals and skilled trades are able to design, construct, match existing finishes, and schedule and complete basic to technical commercial projects with maximum efficiency and minimal disruption to customers.
• Design / Layout / Technical Drawings
• Steel Studs / Drywall / Acoustic Ceilings
• Custom Doors / Windows
• Custom Mill Work
• Project Management
• Masonry / Concrete Work
Make no mistake, your home is your largest investment and when it’s time to renovate, it’s important to choose a contractor who has the experience and know-how to properly complete a home renovation project. With over 40 years of experience, Cope Construction follows a rigid process that ensures homeowners will be well-informed as to the scope and costs of their repairs and/or remodeling projects. Regardless of the project size, our customers can rest assured we offer competitive quotes, fair pricing and high-quality workmanship by a professional and courteous staff.
• Shingle Roofing
• Flat Roofing
• Windows / Doors
• Decks / Fences
• Soffit / Fascia / Eavestrough Work
• Kitchen / Bathroom Renovations
When your home, business, or personal property is damaged, the damage and disruption can be overwhelming. With 40 years of insurance work experience, the professional team at Cope Construction understands the critical response time must be quick and effective to minimize the owner’s losses. Our record for prompt, high quality restoration services has made us a preferred choice for handling thousands of insurance claims.
Windsor Mold Group, February 2016
Customer required renovations by Cope Construction to a washroom and office area which included:
- bathroom cabinet installation
- repairing drywall, finishing and painting
- modifying existing tiles
- installing and finishing a partition wall with electrical outlets
- repairing and finishing existing walls
Long & McQuade, January-April 2013
Contracted by Canada’s largest musical retailer to complete
extensive renovations and upgrades to their Windsor facility,
Cope Construction provided the following services:
- secure high end equipment inventory from potential damage and dust
- remove and dispose of existing partition walls
- construct steel-studded walls, columns, sidelights and door openings
- rework, electrical, plumbing and mechanical services
- drywall, finishing, painting
- install carpet and ceramic tile
- conduct separate maintenance, removal, replacement and painting of previously water-damaged insulation, ceiling tiles and walls
Windsor-Essex County Health Unit,
This long-time customer of Cope demands the highest level of integrity, competency and knowledge from their vendors due to the confidentiality and sensitivity of their services. Cope was requested to update the functionality and appearance of the facilities as follows:
- secure the facility from dust and debris
- remove and dispose of old partition walls, door frames and carpeting
- install new drywall partitions, door frames
- finish and paint
- install new carpeting
- install new electrical outlets
- rework lighting fixtures and ductwork
INSURANCE CLAIMS – RESIDENTIAL
Curtis, July 2016
Oneida Court, Windsor
Customer’s garage was deemed to be encroaching on City property and required to be replaced on the owner’s property. Cope Construction provided the following services:
- detach fence to allow for garage movement; reset fence on completion
- excavate and backfill new pad site
- construct forms and install rebar
- pour concrete pad and footings
- detach garage from existing concrete pad and secure for movement
- remove from existing foundation with lift-trucks, place on new pad and secure
- remove and replace garage asphalt roof
- remove all access soil and debris
Mollica, December 2014
Keating St., Windsor
Customer had a burst pipe in their home. The living room, hallway, dining room, kitchen, and bedrooms experienced some water damage. Cope Construction had to remove and dispose of water damaged drywall, insulation, carpet and laminate flooring, apply germicide and dry the wet areas of the home with fans.
INSURANCE CLAIMS – COMMERCIAL
Pure Day Spa, February 2016
The business experienced a vehicle impact to the façade of the building causing extensive damage that required Cope in conjunction with Promus Windsor to perform the following services:
- secure the space promptly with hoarding.
- restore masonry and stucco damage
- reframe window opening
- coordinate reglazing
- repair landscaping
- replace interior drywall
Repairs were conducted without disruption to the business.